Friday, May 11, 2012

High Five for Friday 5/11/2012

Five highlights from this  week:

1. Just moments ago, I turned in the first of three final papers! This time next week, I will be done-done-done-done-DONE with my second semester of grad school!!!

2. On Thursday I was able to get together with the leader of the Young Adults group (ages 18-30) at my church and we had a great conversation. It was really nice to get to know her a little more and talk about the vision for our church and small group and just life in general.

3. The weather. OK, to be honest, I've not been a fan of the afternoon temperatures, but it's been absolutely lovely in the mornings & evenings!

4. On Wednesday, I presented my proposal for my thesis research project to a group of about 20 people made up of my peers and composition faculty and everyone was really enthusiastic about it! I'm really glad about that, because I wasn't feeling very confident about my research topic but now that I've received so much positive & interested feedback, I feel a lot better.

5. I don't know if this counts because it hasn't happened yet, but tomorrow everyone on my mom's side of the family is getting together to celebrate my grandpa's 85th birthday and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Here's a song I've been enjoying lately (and by "lately" I mean every spring/summer for the past 6 or so years, haha!):



Linking up to From My Grey Desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment