Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Fashion Guide

In an effort to make December less stressful, I decided to put together some fashion mood boards with ideas of what to wear for different events I plan to participate in this Christmas season. I thought I would share them in case they can be of help to anyone else. Enjoy!

1. Ice Skating with Friends and Family

Ice skating is one of my favorite winter activities and I haven't gone at all in the past two years, but I'm hoping to change that this year. Here's what I'm thinking about wearing:


The red scarf and gloves provide a pretty contrast to the cream-colored
sweater. Boots keep your feet warm on your way to pick up your
skates. Broken-in bootcut jeans let you move with ease and grace.

2. Caroling

Growing up, my family would spend several evenings caroling each December. We surprise caroled our music teachers, close family friends, pastors, and my parents' colleagues. It was always a lot of fun and my siblings and I have some great memories from that tradition. This year, we won't be caroling as a family, but I will be surprise caroling a few people with some friends.
A festive plaid or print scarf adds Christmas cheer to your outfit,
while the wool tights and jacket keep you warm.

3. Open House Holiday Party

Every year, my family has an open house on Christmas Eve and it is so much fun! I think it's my favorite event of the entire year - our house is filled with food, laughter, music, and lots of friends, some of whom I only see once a year at our open house. Since our house is so full, it can get pretty warm, despite California's cool night temperature at that time of year. As a result, I usually opt to wear something less warm knowing that I can always add a jacket if I go outside.

Comfort and ease of movement are key when you're hosting
an open house. A satin-y top, wool slacks, pretty ballet flats,
and elegant but simple jewelry help keep you cool, collected &
gorgeous while you juggle the responsibilities of hostessing.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you in your satin-y top, wool slacks, pretty ballet flats,
    and elegant but simple jewelry!
    luv,
    tanon

    ReplyDelete