Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Concert of the Decade

Dramatic much?

This may be your first thought when reading this heading. So let me give you a little background. Back when I was in college in 2005 I stumbled across a life changing clip on youtube. I will pause while you view the awesomeness that is Igudesman and Joo.


This led me to another clip, which is just as hilarious (and if you've taken piano lessons, you've probably experienced this type of teacher at least once). My favorite part begins at 40 seconds.


If you are anything like me, at this point you are wiping a tear of mirth from your eye and eagerly awaiting their next video. Here is one more gem:


So back to 2005. I had to introduce this duo to all of my friends - and everyone thought they were hilarious. The modern Victor Borge. My roomie and I were determined to buy tickets to see them. And that's when we discovered that they only toured in Europe. I was devastated. I had to see them!! I went so far as to write them an email begging them to come to America - specifically the West Coast.

Every six months or so I would revisit the clips and laugh. Sometimes I would show them to a new friend. I checked their website for updates on their tour schedule. No luck. I sadly resigned myself to only enjoying them through a camera lens via youtube.

Back in August the hubs and I spent an afternoon meandering around downtown Campbell. We wandered past a storefront and for some reason the hubs stopped - perhaps to look at a poster or a shop across the street. My eye wandered toward the ground, when what did I see in the bottom right corner of the shop window....but a poster for Igudesman and Joo! I recognized them immediately. I looked closer. Yes, they were touring in America!! And they were coming to the Bay Area!!! Specifically Cupertino - they were performing 15 minutes from where I live!!! I went a little berserk with happiness. After six long years of waiting, it had finally happened :)

How sad I would have been if I hadn't chanced to see the poster and had missed this chance to see them live. I shudder at the thought. We went home and immediately bought tickets - I was convinced they would sell out immediately (I'm not sure if that happened - but I hope it did)!

And that is where I will be this Friday evening - seeing Igudesman and Joo perform. live. on stage. In person.

And that, my friends, is why this is the concert of the decade.

Of course I will tell you all about it next week :)

Okay, okay....if you insist here is another video - the riverdancing violinist. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Pls ask velomom, abba or jon of whom igudesman reminds her/him

    ReplyDelete