Monday, September 19, 2011

My Brother's College

As you may remember, I went to Prescott, Arizona a few weeks ago to keep my mom and brother company during the second half of orientation week. My brother is attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) and I was really impressed with with the campus, town, and above all, the intelligence and character of the students I met. Here are some pictures from that trip:


I love the high desert! It is so beautiful!


This is a plane that just stays here all the time. I think there's something special about it, but I don't remember what it is!


Mom and Joe in one of the campus outdoor areas.


Pathway along the side of the library.


View of the student center from the university library.


The hallway in the library mimics the look of a runway at night.


The library also has to-scale replicas of nearly every plane ever created. It was cool to see them all next to each other!


Even the dumpster-hiding-walls look good at this university!


My brother and me during our last errand together, which involved a trip to Costco to purchase a rain jacket. Rain comes sudden and heavy in the high desert, something us Nor Cal'ers are not used to! We didn't even think to pack a raincoat for him.


Sunset behind the dorms.


Path leading from the dorms to the student center.


ERAU is very supportive of the military. This tree is a memorial to all the fallen service men and women who are ERAU alums. The Army and Air Force cadets stop every time they pass this statue and salute in their honor.

1 comment:

  1. awesome - thanks for sharing about your trip!
    luv,
    tanon

    ReplyDelete