Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fashion Inspiration: Jaqueline "Jackie O." Kennedy

The other day I noticed that the miniseries "The Kennedys" is available for streaming on Netflix and though I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, when I do watch it I anticipate enjoying a glimpse into an era in the United States' history that I completely missed out on. Growing up, my mom would tell me and my siblings stories about the Kennedys, but I have never had a very concrete idea of who they were or the vast influence they had on American politics, culture, history, and fashion.




I decided to do a Pinterest search for "Jackie O." and I found some common themes among her outfits that I though I would highlight here:

1. Dresses with fitted bodices and full or flared skirts





2. Short strands of pearls





3. Jackets with curvy, rather than boxy, elements






4. Over-sized sunglasses







5. Fitted tops and sweaters





No comments:

Post a Comment