Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How to Get a Man to Love Eating Chicken

I am married to a carnivore. When I ask him what he wants for dinner and he says "meat," he doesn't mean fish, poultry, pork or beef. He only means beef. If he had his way there would be red meat at every meal - perhaps with bacon now and again to change things up a bit. While I do love a steak or burger as much if not more than the next person, I prefer to limit my intake to a few times a week. After 2.5 years of extensive research, I present The Top 3 Man-Approved Chicken Seasonings. The hubs not only liked these dishes, but he actually asked for these meals again! That is a HUGE accomplishment :) If it worked for my man, I'm pretty sure it will work for anyone.


Coming in at number three, this Enchilada sauce is delicious! It also freezes well if you like to make enchiladas in bulk. I usually steam the chicken for 20 minutes and then shred it. I dip each corn tortilla in the sauce and layer chicken, more sauce and cheese inside. After rolling up each filled tortilla I lay them side by side and then cover the tops with sauce and cheese. Pop in the oven (at 375) for 15-20 minutes more, and you are done!

I randomly grabbed this World Harbors Mexican Style Fajita marinade when I was walking through the store. I didn't think the hubs would like it, but it's now his second favorite chicken seasoning. I generally grill strips of chicken on my stove top grill pan, brushing each side of the meat with the marinade at least once. I serve warm with grilled peppers and onions - with sides of tomatoes, guacamole, cheese and lettuce.
But this seasoning? Is out. of. this. world. We picked this up when we were in New Orleans, and have had it once a week since then. I have never craved anything like I crave this seasoning! And the hubs is completely on the same page :) I like to marinate the chicken in Lawry's lemon pepper marinade for 20 minutes, then I grill the chicken on my stove top grill pan, lightly sprinkling each side with Slap ya Mama. I like to serve this with a slice of lemon (we love some squeezed lemon on our chicken). There are sooo many sides you could try this with, it's incredibly versatile. So far we've had corn, fruit salad, sweet potato fries, corn bread, grilled tomatoes, squash, and string beans and that's only the tip of the iceberg - the possible combinations are endless.

I hope you and the meat-lover in your life enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment