Thursday, July 28, 2011

Food Review: Trader Joe's Vegetable Biryani

I freely admit that I am a Trader Joe's junkie! I love very nearly everything I've eaten that came from Trader Joe's and it is by far my favorite grocery store to shop at. I have by no means tried everything that Trader Joe's has to offer, that isn't really my style. I tend to find things I like and then stick to them, very rarely venturing to try something new. Recently, however, I decided to try Trader Joe's frozen Vegetable Biryani.


The rice was delicious and easy to prepare! The package had enough rice to provide a side dish for 3-4 people or a meal for two. I think it had the right amount of spice for the average American's taste, though I would have preferred it to be a bit spicier - one of the consequences of actually having been to India, I suppose! The only thing I did not like was that the rice has raisins in it. I like raisins in general, but they added a sweetness to this dish that I felt was out of place. The good news is that the raisins were pretty easy to pick out, so I'll likely purchase this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment