Friday, June 10, 2011

Weekly Round-Up #14


Things we like this week:

Rebekah is enjoying these watercolor paintings.

Centsational Girl shared a great DIY project - how to turn a half wine barrel into a lovely planter.

Adri liked this post from the Art of Manliness on how to open doors for people.

Rebekah is excited about the start of a month of thrift store refashions.

Three songs that Adri has been enjoying recently hit the country airwaves. Here are her favorite lines from each, along with a link to YouTube videos:


  • Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean - Memory lane up in the headlights / It's got me reminiscin' on the good times / I'm turnin' off real life, drivin' that's right / I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires
  • Homeboy by Eric Church - You're gonna wish someday that you were sitting on the gate of a truck by the lake / High school flame on one side, ice cold beer on the other / Ain't no shame in a blue collar forty, little house, little kid, little small town story
  • Take a Back Road by Rodney Atkins - And like a memory from your grandpa's attic / A song comes slippin' through the radio static / Changing my mood, a little George Strait 1982 / And it makes me wanna take a back road / Makes me wanna take the long way home / ...Tear down some two-lane country, who knows / Get lost and get right with my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment